Monday 16 April 2012

Cabinets

This is Surfer Boy's last week of work - he's taking about 5 weeks of long service leave to work on the house.  Being a cabinet maker by trade he has taken on the job of doing all our cabinetry.  He'll be designing and installing the kitchen, bathroom and laundry for starters.  The thing I most love about working with S.B. is that I will sketch out what I want and before you know it he has not only made my drawings workable but built it as well.  Although he knows what he likes he is more than happy to leave most of the aesthetics to me - our taste is similar enough that he trusts that he will like what I design.  We make an ideal team I think.
Here are our kitchen plans which will probably be the first thing he tackles...


and then comes the bathroom....


We are going to hold off on the laundry for the time being just in case any unexpected invoices appear to ruin our life.  We figure it's better to be safe than sorry.

No comments: