Lou Lou over at Totally Innocent has tagged me this week so I thought as I had nothing else of any interest to share with you all I would try and do as she asked...
First the rules....
a. Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.
b. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.
c.At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog!
Some of these will be obvious to anyone who reads my blog regularly but some might not be...here goes.
1. I have always wanted to be in a musical - Unfortunately I can neither sing nor dance but a girl can dream. I used to watch 'Oklahoma', 'Seven Brides For Seven Brothers', 'Singing In The Rain' etc endlessly, wishing that I was Debbie Reynolds or Shirley Jones. I still watch 'Grease', 'West Side Story', etc and itch and twitch to get up and be a part of the magic they create. I firmly believe that 'High School Musical' is the best thing to happen to television in decades!! Which brings me to my next point.
2. I still think like a sixteen year old! - My friends endlessly tease me about my love of all things 'teen'. Give me a movie set in a high school with a couple of cute leads and I am hooked. 'Blue Water High' is one of my favourite TV shows! I love knowing what is in the top 10 and have a Myspace page and a Facebook page. I own Avril Lavigne CDs and Mandy Moore is one of my favourite actresses.
3. In another life I believe I was a 1950's bobbysoxer and a cheerleader!!!
4. I ate jam sandwiches every day of my life until 2 years ago. I only limited them due to peer pressure to eat 'better'. Now they are more a weekly thing although I still have jam toast every morning. In Kris's household I am known as 'The Jam Sandwich.'
5. I don't think exercise is at all good for you. Everyone I know who exercises regularly is injured which proves my point. In my 20's I was known as the 'Three-toed Sloth, due to my dislike of expending unnecessary energy. (It may also have had something to do with the pack of Dunnhill Grey I smoked every day for 15 years!)
6. I love reading. I will read the side of a cereal box if I forgot to take my book to breakfast. I read in the car while stopped at lights. I can read and walk home at the same time. I always carry a book in my bag because you never know when you might get 5 minutes to read. I used to invite friends over to swim at my house and then spend all afternoon reading. (sorry Alex!) I usually have a couple of books on the go for different occasions - one that fits in my bag, one for book group, one to read in bed etc. I am also a book nerd because I prefer classics to modern lit. I also have a habit of reading certain loved books over and over again.
7. I am a Primary Teacher who worked at an all boys school before having kids. Prior to that I managed a restaurant in Richmond and worked in retail (visual display and merchandising focus) for 10 years.
8. Cotton wool makes me FREAK! I can not stand it. Even talking about it sets my teeth on edge and blocks my breathing! It's not that easy having babies when you can't touch cotton wool. I can't write any more...blahhhh!
I didn't know you smoked OR managed a restaurant! Appears our teacher-student-friendship wasn't as close as I would have thought! And about the cotton wool, now everybody knows your weakness. Watch yourself in dark allyways and especially supermarkets! One day when I can drive (~3 years) I will come visit you and poor buckets upon buckets of cotton wool all over you. Such a nice guy i've become =)
Snap to points 2,4, 6 & 8 with the variation being it's wet cotton wool, tissues or serviettes that make my skin crawl.
hey i love your tag facts....I too think like a teenager and wonder whether i should be dressing the way that i do at 35...tell me - when is one too old to wear plaits in their hair???????
p.s.can you tell me how you make a site link when you mention themin a post?
Great post, I agree you can't beat a jam sandwich! x
Everything except the cotton wool. And I never finished my teaching degree.
I can drink, but almost never do. Someone has to drive the bastards home.
They used to call me 'Slack Mary'. It's a long story, involving very little unnecessary action.
I can't stand hearing someone brush their teeth ( doing my own is fine ). Even the thought of it gives me goosebumps ( which I have now while typing ).
Lucky my son glommed onto the whole dental hygiene thing without much instruction - yargghhh !!
I'm completely with you on the reading the cereal box thing. When we have fish and chips on the floor, we put down newspaper before we open the fish and chip paper and I always get laughed at for being engrossed in the three week old, grease covered business section. I too have about three books on the go at once and always, always have one in the car and one in my handbag. You just never know.....
You are completely Rory Gilmore with your reading habits! I have to pick Jess (the side note on your blog), he is super smart, not a lapdog, didn't cheat on his wife, but totally painted in a bad light. I am obsessed with GG. Love it. Love your tag items, too funny.
Re point 6. I remember coming to your house before we became friends because my parents were putting in a pool and wanted to see your pool's combination of tiles and pavers. It must have been about year 7 and we were at school together but hadn't been in the same class yet. And you sat and read the whole time and I thought - gee that Jen's a bit rude. Maybe you were freaking out because relative strangers had wandered into your backyard and you were trying to hide in your book. (Or maybe you knew my mum could talk the leg off a chair and were avoiding a 3 hour conversation.)
Post a Comment