Sunday 11 November 2007

Drought Guilt


What fabulous weather we're having in Melbourne at the moment. Although every time I say that I feel like I should add, 'but I wish it would rain'. Droughts are absolutely no fun at all! Not only do you always feel slightly guilty every time you are enjoying the nice weather, but what happened to running through the sprinklers and Slip 'n Slide? I filled up our paddling pool with about two inches of water for the kids and felt bad about it the entire time the hose was running. Not only is the drought an absolute bastard on a big scale, it is also a bitch for ruining the smaller pleasures in life.


I have to confess and say that even though I HATE THE DROUGHT, I'm loving the hot weather! (gosh that's so politically incorrect these days)

Like most things I love (doughnuts, ice cream) there is major guilt attached. It's not fair.

5 comments:

LBA said...

oh tell me about it !!

I did the same with the 2inches on the wading pool, and I got it out of the new water tank, and STILL felt guilty !!

And I had to do 2xloads of washing today .. and although I bucketed out and recycled all the water, I just kept feeling like I was being so wasteful...

Kirsty said...

Ah slip & slide & neighbourhood water fights....those were the days. Something our kids will never experience.

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Slip 'n slides, water bombs, running under the sprinklers...all gone with that 'bastard drought'.

Anonymous said...

I am SO with you on this. The other night when it rained all night I sat up in bed feeling sick because our water tank is still in research phase (pathetic yes!) and I kept thinking of all the water going literally down the drain that could have been in our tank!! Theres just to much pressure to be perfect in every way - perfect parent,environmentalist,relationship,house,political correctness,TOO MUCH I TELL YOU, TOO MUCH!!

Anonymous said...

haha, i just mentioned this in another blog comment! I miss those summers!