Wednesday 9 May 2007

Healing Power of Silence


Ever felt the need to sit very still and quiet and stare at a blank white wall? This is where I am at the moment after a week as a single Mum. It hasn't even been a particularly busy week - just the usual stuff but I am feeling a tad shabby around the edges. Exactly how many questions can a 5yr old and a 3yr old ask during a week? And do they EVER shut up?

My saving grace has been my local cafes or 'Sanity Savers'. I live in the most wonderful part of Melbourne where I am blessed with an infinite variety of great cafes. The Yarraville/ Seddon area is dotted with places that know just how I drink my tea and always have it ready without me asking. Ali at Gourmet On Gamon even has my own mug on her shelf and while I read all the mags that she keeps me supplied with, she entertains my kids!! You can't really ask for better than that.

I'm hoping 'Daddy' will be home tomorrow and as much as I've missed him, I'm tipping he'll get 10 minutes at the most before I sneak out the door and bolt to read my book in SILENCE in a Seddon Cafe. Look out for me - I'll be the one with the slightly dazed expression and the big mug of tea!

1 comment:

Ally said...

So when do we get to see a child hood photo of you????