Monday 17 March 2008

Mars V. Venus


I've decided that the biggest difference between the sexes has to be their television viewing.

Every time Surfer Boy joins me on the couch he pooh-hoos my show choice. If I am stupid enough to leave the room to get a tea, go to the bathroom, check on the kids, I will return to find the show I have been watching for the past 1/2 hour now a black and white documentary (usually with subtitles) charting the history of the worlds best criminals or old men digging up bones in the Kalahari Desert. It SHITS me!!

Mr Smug then informs me that 'I could learn something'.

If I leave the room to blog 'cause I can't stand watching a brain sliced open on R.P.A. I get abused for spending too much time on the computer.

I've tried to fix the problem by suggesting we buy another TV for the bedroom, then he can watch whatever he wants and not be offended by my low-brow choices but that apparently is not an option. 'It's unnecessary. It's a 'want' not a 'need'.

Gggrrrrrr!

I want to watch So You Think You Can Dance.

I want to watch bad rom-coms.

I want to watch Rove.

I even want to watch Biggest Loser if I so choose.


Why can't we find anything we enjoy watching together? Is it that hard? Spics & Specs and The New Collectors are the only times we find ourselves on the couch together. That makes ONE HOUR a week!!
What happened to the days where the family sat around the idiot box together? Long gone I fear.
I want to be this family....

By the way, it is still frigging hot here!!! Thanks for caring.

10 comments:

Kristine said...

Try Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. Will and I love that one. It's the one show we watch together.

Anonymous said...

You are so not alone on this one- I too get abused about the time spent on the computer-havent posted for nearly a month-simply havent had a spare moment,and i try too avoid it if C is around!!!He thinks it is super daggy and teases me non stop!!But you simply MUST hide the remote OR take it with you if you peel your bottom off that couch!!THey are less likely to change the channel if they have to get up! So you think you can dance is SO excellent!! We tape it if you want to borrow!!

Anonymous said...

p.s.That Mafia show actually WAS very good!!

whit said...

I agree and empathize with you here! I don't think they get that we (us moms/women/non-stop workers/wives/constant child entertainers/homework overseers/domestic engineers/beautiful beings) need entertainment not info sometimes. I teach and learn all day, I want to sit and veg for a while. Duh!

whit said...

ps - did you see that there is a new show by GG creator? The return of jezabel james on fox. I haven't seen it yet, but plan to to see if it in any way fills the gap left by rory and lor.

Anonymous said...

Being the only male that looks at these blogs you put here, who paid for the TV? Done :)

Ally said...

And what makes it worse he interupts girlie emailing,like who talks on the phone these days and at 9pm night!!! I agree try Ramsey's kitchen it is good.And if that fails tell him he looks tired and should go to bed early.Isn't he due to go away again??? I need a Gilmore Girls night.
Beau you are supposed to learn from this blog for the future .... and seeing you live at home you watch what your parents watch,don't you?? :-)

Anonymous said...

What about the whole WEEK you spend at home eating icecream and watching your rented movies/episodes of gilmour girls while he's away in god knows what country fixing some fat guy's cable antenna and he comes home and wants to watch something good and you turn his brain to mush with your SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE!

So selfish.

JK said...

As always it is great to have Beau back!! Keeping me honest and not letting me get away with anything!
Thanks for the Ramsey tip Ally and Kris - we actually have watched that together and surprisingly he quite likes it. Wil try hiding the remote Lou but think he might be on to me.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.