Tuesday 31 January 2012

If Life gives You Lemons.......

Ronnie sent us home from Natimuk with an enormous bag of lemons accompanied by his blind faith that I would be able to whip up all sorts of delights with them.  He is deluded, but it was quite sweet to see the faith he had in my kitchen skills.  Surfer Boy just chuckled and asked what I was going to make, with his tongue firmly planted in his cheek.


I was therefore determined to prove Ronnie's faith was not misguided and accepted the gift with promises to deliver something edible.  After staring in bemusment at my bag of lemons for a couple of days I decided to start with something simple - and something that used up the most amount of lemons in one recipe..... Lemon Cordial.  I figured it couldn't be that hard and we all love cordial so it was worth a try.


I turned the music up loud and started squeezing - a bucket load of sugar went onto the stove and before you knew it I had actually produced my first batch of home made lemon cordial.  No one was more surprised than me!
 I was quite chuffed with myself (hence a whole post devoted to it) and figure I should bottle some up to send to Ronnie and show him his faith was justified.

2 comments:

Lizeylou said...

YUM YUM YUM!!
Feel free to send some my way.

Catherine said...

Go you! That is fabulous. Although, I now have a craving for lemon meringue pie. Yum ....