Friday 4 February 2011

Water for Elephants

I finally got around to reading Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen and I am so glad that I did.  It was a delightful book choc full of the sounds and smells of a depression-era circus, and the drama and emotion of life and love.
The story follows Jacob, a veterinary student who abandons his studies after his parents are killed and joins a traveling circus as their vet.  His life becomes more complicated when he becomes involved in the marriage of August, the animal trainer and Marlena, a performer.

I wasn't sure if I should read the book as the movie will be released soon but I'm glad that I did - I made sure I pictured the lead actors in the roles so as not to be disappointed in the movie.  It worked a treat and I am now doubly interested in seeing it come to life on screen.


Marlena - Reece Witherspoon
Jacob - Robert Pattinson
August - Christoph Waltz
Rosie the Elephant





If you haven't already picked it up, I suggest you do - or at least take yourself to see it at the movies.  Hopefully you'll love it as much as I did.

No comments: