Friday 13 February 2009

Drop In And Visit

I have always loved the Murray River. Our family spent many Easter holidays camping by it's banks, swimming in it, jumping from trees in to it... My Dad lived by it for some of his youth.

My love for it was cemented when I fell in love with Philadelphia Gordon in 'All The River's Run'!! (The wonderful mini series of the book of the same name by Nancy Cato.)

Actually now that I think of it that was a ripper of a book and I must get it out and indulge in another read. For that matter I think I need to start googling and buy the DVDs too...hmmm..... Anyway, where was I?


Oh yes - I sat down to enjoy my lunch in the sun and have a read of my Country Style magazine when I came across this picture.


I have not been able to stop staring at it and I'm sure if I look hard enough and long enough I will get magically transported there! What a way to spend the weekend. Floating on the majestic Murray listening to the laugh of Kookaburras and sniffing the smells of the bush. Perfect tranquility after a week of tragedy.

No comments: