This is the finished single bed quilt that I made for a friend. Usually I make then into doona covers for a bit more versatility but this is an actual quilt and for the first time I tried actually quilting it. Worked out pretty well I think. She chose all the fabrics and delivered them all to me which was fabulous and cut out at least one trip around Melbourne's fabric shops.
When Gidget turned two and moved into a 'big bed' I made her a patchwork doona. The Little Fella is now 31/2 years old and I still haven't got around to making his so that is this weeks project. The squares are all cut, and as of this afternoon I have finished 11 of 15 rows! He may actually get it sooner rather than later! He helped me choose the fabrics and even holds the material while I sew 'cause he's 'helping Mummy'. (By the way only the cut squares are his, not the lovely pink florals!!)
This is the work in progress as of 9.45 Monday night.
I've got orders waiting on a few more but I am determined to finish this one first - fingers crossed.