Friday 22 June 2007

The Birthday

Well I guess it's time to tell you about my birthday.

I was still up chatting to a friend in Sydney when the clock ticked over to my birthday. (Kudos to Ringo for being the first one to wish me a Happy Birthday - at 10 past 12) By one o'clock I was curled up in bed , reading my book and loving being 39. At 1.30am it all went pear shaped!
Emma woke up vomiting and did not stop until 1.00pm!!! Not sure if the poor petal had gastro or food poisoning but I do know that that was the end of any hopes of salvaging the birthday. I had to cancel my morning coffee date and ended up spending the day holding Emma's hair out of the bucket and trying to keep Ben amused cooped up inside all day. Joy.

At 2.00pm we all fell asleep - thank god.

I had visions of coming down with it myself and having to miss the ballet but luckily Em perked up, Mick and Alice arrived and off Alice and I went. I've never been so pleased to see my brother.

We had a gorgeous night as my last post will tell you and the birthday was saved - sort of.

My lovely friends have decided to postpone my birthday and hold the Festival in 2 weeks time.

Sounds good to me.

PS. I did get a pressie in the mail from James and even more exciting ... Kieth Urban sent me an email wishing me a happy birthday!!!


This made it all worth it..

1 comment:

AVCr8teur said...

Happy belated birthday from California!