Sunday 17 June 2007

A Big Question


Would anyone notice if I disappeared?


The big question was asked on 'Grey's Anatomy' tonight! I defy anyone to watch that episode and not wonder about the answer to that question.
What an immense comfort it is to me to be confident that my absence would be missed. I guess it is one of the often unrecognised comforts of marriage. Often when James is away, as now, I contemplate the terrifying thought that if something was to happen to me, what would my kids do and how long would it be before anyone noticed something was wrong.

Such cheery thoughts for a Sunday night, but how terribly tragic if you weren't sure that anyone would. That would have to be a very scary state to contemplate.

I have come to realise that I have the most amazing group of girlfriends who would come at the drop of a hat and one in particular who would move heaven and earth if she thought I needed her. She worries about me if I haven't returned a call for a few days and this is infinitely comforting.

So to Alex and all my other guardian angels I thankyou and want you to know that I have your back also.
1990

No comments: