The groom's cake was based on a recipe featuring digestive biscuits that William enjoyed as a child.
As for the more formal of the two, the fruit cake was conceived by Kate and features an English floral theme, with each of the 17 frosting flowers representing a special quality of the marriage.
• White rose—national symbol of England
• Daffodil—national symbol of Wales, new beginnings
• Shamrock—national symbol of Ireland
• Thistle—national symbol of Scotland
• Acorns, Oak Leaf—strength, endurance
• Ivy—wedded love, marriage
• Lily of the Valley—sweetness, humility
• Rose (Bridal)—happiness, love
• Sweet William (how cute is that)
• Honeysuckle—the bond of love
• Apple Blossom—preference, good fortune
• White Heather—protection, wishes will come true
• White Jasmine—amiability
• Daisy—innocence, beauty, simplicity
• Orange Blossom—marriage, eternal love, fruitfulness
• Lavender—ardent attachment, devotion, success and luck
This cake is an absolute work of art and I love the thought and love that was put into the designing and choosing of both these cakes.