Friday 27 May 2011

My Studio


The extension plans for our house include an upstairs studio which has been earmarked for ME!!  It will be a long rectangle with a cathedral ceiling and is going to serve as my office/sewing room/TV room.  Since having kids we have had to do without an office and when you run your own business it can get very frustrating.  I also make the patchwork cot quilts that we sell at CHALK and with 2 shops now it is almost impossible to produce these in the limited space I have. 


My intention is to have the office area and sewing bench up one end with a floating bookcase on casters seperating it from a 'den' where I can watch as much crappy television as I like without interruption.



I have threatened to have a door at the bottom of the stairs to which only I have the key and I think they almost believe that I will do it.
I can not begin to tell you how excited I am about this part of the house - I often find myself daydreaming about it and I'm petrified someone will tell me we can't have it as it seems to good to be true.


Here is the inspiration for the sewing area of my space - my dear friend Kris has an amazing studio in her home and I'm hoping mine is half way as inspirational as hers.



6 comments:

::The Beetle Shack:: said...

just quietly, IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!! That will change your world, imagine tottering upstairs in the evenings with a glass of red... and nothing else! Then tottering back down to bed with out packing up! oh glory!

your inspiration images are beautiful! Can't wait to see the end results!

xo em

Brenda @ 13 Acres said...

ohhhh Emmmm Geeee - what amazing work spaces!! I'll be pinning them for sure as they truely are inspirational! Oh enjoy the process of creating your own, creative space! xx

Ellie said...

Uh, that is super cool. Makes me wish I could have one too, despite not having children or a business...

Lizeylou said...

I cant wait to spend hours up there with you ... how much fun is it going to be!!

Doris Day said...

Golly Gosh! You lucky thing. A crafting room all to yourself. I'm sooooo jealous. How will you divide your time between the amazingness of your gorgeous vintage caravan and your divine crafting room??? It seems as though one little lady is very very lucky indeed!!!

Cathy said...

Those photos are soooo gorgeous! I would love a totally PRIVATE space like that! Have fun dreaming it up and having it built! And then enjoy :)