Thursday 10 November 2011

My Tap

Previously I posted some of the kitchen taps I had fallen in love with.  As you know we had a successful trip to  Masters where we managed to chose all our tapware  but we made the decision to splurge on the kitchen tap  and get my dream bridge tap.  When I looked into them here in Australia I was astounded to find that they were over  $1200.  I naively had thought around $400 would be a splurge - apparently not!
I was deflated for a while but figured there must be a more cost effective solution.  My journey led me to a plumbing supplier in London who sold my tap for 95 pounds.  Bingo.  I had figured that as they are English tapware they must be cheaper over there and I was correct.  the next problem was that they didn't deliver to Australia so a quick call to Mum and she set me up with a friend of hers who was willing to have the tap delivered to her and she would post it on.  Perfect.
I ordered the tap, within days it had reached my 'go-between' and was posted on to me.  For the last couple of weeks I have been patiently waiting for it to arrive and this morning it came.


What a great start to my day.  I think part of me had thought it would never come.
It is exactly as I hoped it would be so I have spent the morning gazing at it, and feeling rather pleased with myself. (the pic only shows the top of the tap)   I got my tap for a grand total of $320 - quite a saving.  Now we just need a kitchen to put it in!

3 comments:

Lizeylou said...

Love love love love love it .. I cant wait to come and have a glass of water out of it! How exciting!

Mum said...

Whoooo! Great that you are happy with it.

Brenda @ 13 Acres said...

well done you! this is why i love the internet (and still Aus Post!) xx