Monday 20 August 2007

Yellow Snow

The kids and I took a drive down to the beach house today, and what a glorious day to do it. The town looked like it was in dress rehearsal for summer. It was worth the drive just to see this vista. Photos like this have always made my heart sing - I must have dozens taken from the same spot over the years and it still thrills me.

I think there is even a photo just like this in Mum's album of Mick and I many moons ago!


The loveliest sight was the blanket of yellow flowers that has been thrown over the Bellarine Peninsula. I know these are weeds but they are just gorgeous. Every paddock, roadside verge and spare inch of grass is starred with gold. We kept catching our breath as around every corner there was a new delight. What a gem of a day!

No comments: