Sunday 5 September 2010

Cool! I Won An Award.

No matter what anyone says, when another blogger, especially one you admire, presents you with a blogging award it is a thrill.  It means, for one thing, that you are not the only one reading your own blog which is kind of comforting as I'm sure most of us feel that our blogs' only audience is our mums and the one or two friends who feel obliged to check in every now and then to see what we're up to.  Secondly, who doesn't like winning awards?  Especially when you don't actually have to stand up in front of a room full of people to accept it.
So..... it is with great honour that I accept the Sunshine Award
 from the delightful MAXABELLA LOVES
"the Sunshine Award is awarded to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspire others in Blogland".  Wow! Thank you so much.


Now, according to Maxabella I get to 'pass the award on to other bloggers who are positive and creative and inspirational.' but first in order to earn my award I have to share  'seven things you don't know about me' so here goes...

1. I'm a Road Reader - which means I read my book while I'm walking.  I am exceptionally good at it and have never yet tripped over or bumped in to anything.  I can even cross the road without looking up from my book.

2.  I have to have all the chairs at the dining table straight or I freak out.  Surfer Boy moves then off centre just to mess with me.

3.  I adore MGM musicals.

4.  I always wanted to live in Avonlea but I'd be just as happy to live in Stars Hollow.

5.  I love Big M but rarely drink it anymore.

6.  I can't stand text abreviations.  If you're too lazy to write properly then ring instead of texting.

7.  I have a girl crush on Miley Cyrus and own all her albums, including the Hannah Montana album and movie soundtrack. 

5 comments:

Lizeylou said...

YAY!!! How exciting!!! Congrats ... I love number 2 as I am the same, and number 7 - Well its a good thing we are already friends!

Lou Pennisi said...

uuum.weren't they meant to be things we DIDNT know about you...?...we all know about your miley crush and wanting to live in Stars hollow- 2 new ones please!!

Lou Pennisi said...

well deserved too. xx

Kell Cox said...

Congrats Jen! Definitely long overdue recognition

Maxabella said...

I'm catching up on my blog reading and here you are accepting your Emmy!!

I had a chuckle over 'road reader'... I wish I could do that (although sometimes I'm a road emailer, is that the same thing?)

x