Well, we've been to the architect - seems like our plans are still stuck at council but at least we now know what the next steps will be. If they decide to give us the green light and ignore the heritage consultant then Woo Hoo, but if not then we'll send in the big guns!!! We did make sure our architect knows that we're not scared to take the issues to VCAT so fingers crossed council will decide we're too much work and let good sense rule!!
The meeting has put the extension back at the front of my mind, especially as we had to let council know exactly what colours and materials our house will be. I think I'm feeling all enthusiastic again after loosing interest there for a while.