Monday 22 December 2008

Inspiring Women - Ms Rai

I sat down to change my 'Lovely Lady Lounge' and realised that for this woman I could not just leave it at that. She deserves a post of her own.

I give to you the beautiful Ms Aishwarya Rai.




At the risk of gushing, I think Aishwarya is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I could gaze at her for hours.



Aishwarya was born in Mangalore, India in 1973. She completed a course in Architecture before winning the Miss World competition in 1994 with the highest EVER score!

She knocked back multiple film and commercial offers in favour of completing her degree, finally succumbing to Bollywood's pleas and becoming the biggest actress in India. Aishwarya has over 40 movies to her credit in four different languages. She is the highest paid actress in India and has multiple modelling contracts in both India and the West.





For a lovely introduction to Aishwarya's work (and slightly shorter than her 3 hour epics) see 'Bride and Prejudice' by Gurinder Chadha of 'Bend It Like Beckham' fame.

No comments: