Saturday 19 January 2008

Summer

We have had the most wonderful Summer. Day upon day of glorious weather, days spent at the beach exploring rock pools, learning to body surf at high tide, hours on end of just hanging with the cousins, swinging in the hammock reading trashy mags (me, not the kids). What more could you ask for. It has been so fantastic to watch the kids have the sort of summer we had when we were young. Lots of freedom, salty skin and flopping into bed exhausted at the end of a long hot day.






And of course Surfer Boy could not resist building something - so waa laa! A cubby.


And thank you to everyone who was so sympathetic to my plight after the great cat pee disaster. Much appreciated.

Heading back down the beach tomorrow so stay well.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

It was lovely to meet you today.
The boy put the t shirt on as soon as we got to the car and wore it for the rest of the day. Pidgeon pair dressing is a bit dodgy, but they were happy!
I headed down to Williamstown after leaving your shop. If I win a fortune tonight, I'm heading over to your side of the bridge for good. Its gorgeous down there!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh yes I can almost taste the salt water! How I wish all I had to think about was how big my sand castle was going to be or how long can I stay in the water or to try not to get tangled in the seaweed!

Anonymous said...

Hi I have missed you.....and Im a bit jealous of your sun soaked holidays....how does one score herself a shop that she RARELY ever has to work in???? I want one of those!!See you at school very soon!!

Cathy said...

Sounds like the perfect summer! Enjoy the rest of it :)

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Looks like you've had the best kind of summer.