Thursday 13 September 2007

Mowing Protocol

What exactly is the protocol when mowing your naturestrip?

My neighbour and I have a fabulous system going where we mow each others naturestrip whenever we are doing our own. This ensures a gorgeous streetscape outside our homes with half the effort. (I have to admit that I am not the one that aerates the grass, or fertilises! )


We also do our next neighbour who I don't think even owns a mower! But how far do you go? Do you stop at the first driveway? Do you venture over and be a good Samaritan? Do you run the risk of offending if you don't ask if you can mow first? (what if they like their grass long)

I figure that as I have the mower out, I'm happy to keep going if it's needed but I'm scared I will offend.

And my next query is why are so few people willing to go to a bit more effort and help out their neighbours?

I know I am very lucky because not only does my lawn get mowed but my bins also mysteriously get put away. I LOVE KINGSVILLE!

3 comments:

shula said...

That's the West, at work, I reckon.

They never ring the Council about your dogs either.

Bless them.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, I hope you dont mind but I tagged you - your it!! Just go to my site to find out the rules!

Ally said...

I don't see a problem with mowing the neighbours nature strip ..... next time you come to GOG bring your mower as well,why stop at your St???? (better late than never)